The Annual CT Hike 22 for 22 is to raise awareness and funds for Mission22. A national nonprofit dedicated to helping veterans suffering from PTSD & TBI.
Please join us to help raise awareness of veteran suicide and funds for Mission 22 to continue their outstanding and valued work with veterans in helping them in the transition to civilian life and into society.
THE FOLLOWING IS THE LIABILITY WAIVER. BY REGISTERING HERE FOR THIS HIKE YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Borough of Naugatuck
WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, HOLD HARMLESS,
AND EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE CONSENT FORM
I, the undersigned, represent, acknowledge, agree, and understand that:
1. Voluntarily and of my own free will, elect to participate in a “Mission 22” hike herein called the ‘Activity’ which consists of a strenuous hike of 22 Kilometers / 13.7 miles over rugged terrain.
2. I acknowledge that participation in the Activity involves certain risks and hazards, including but not limited to risks and hazards associated with the Activity itself; the acts of others (including other participants).
3. I voluntarily elect to and do hereby accept and assume all risks or injury incurred or suffered while participating in the Activity and activities incidental thereto.
4. I hereby affirm that I am in good physical condition and do not suffer from any known disability or condition that would prevent or limit my participation in the Activity.
5. I hereby consent to providing medical and dental treatment, including transportation, in the case of an accident or medical or dental emergency where I am unable to consent to such transportation and/or treatment. I understand and agree that I will be solely and directly responsible for the cost and expense of any and all such treatment rendered and transportation provided.
6. I, for myself and our family, heirs, assigns, successors and legal representatives, hereby waive, release and hold harmless the Borough of Naugatuck and its elected and appointed officials, boards, commissions and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, costs or injuries of any kind directly or indirectly arising out of, related to, or connected with my participation in the Activity and/or activities incidental thereto, however caused, including but not limited to the passive or active negligence of the Borough of Naugatuck.
7. I acknowledge that I have carefully read and fully understand this document and that by signing it I, and our family, heirs, assigns, successors and legal representatives are giving up important legal rights. I sign it of my own free will.